“Secrets to Successful Parenting” teaches the skills that create self-confident, responsible, respectful, cooperative, drug- and violence free children. Hilde’s classes and one on one service emphasize teamwork, creating win-win solutions, and effectively avoiding power struggles using kind-but-firm methods promoted by Kathryn Kvols, the founder of the program “Redirecting Children’s Behavior”, Dr. Rudolf Dreikurs, and the principles of Adlerian Psychology. The parenting program is endorsed and recommended by pediatricians and mental health professionals nationwide.
All Parent Education Instructors are certified by the International Network for Children and Families.
What you will gain from this course
– Reduce arguing, scolding and yelling
– Feel positive about your parenting skills
– Feel calmer and create more time for yourself
– Skills to promote agreement instead of fighting
– Promote agreement with your spouse and much more
What your children will gain from this course
– Responsibility & initiative
– Good decision making skills
– Resistance to peer pressure
– Cooperation skills and develop successful attitudes and much more
Who can benefit from this course
– Parents expecting or having children of any age, from toddlers to teens
– Step-Parents, Grandparents, aunts and uncles, babysitters
– Teachers, Counselors, Nurses, Social Workers, Pediatricians, or anyone who relates to children
Do You Recognize One of These Children?
– A Teenager Who Breaks The Rules
– A Toddler Who Demands Your Attention
– Siblings Who Fight
– The Bully Who Pushes Others Around
– The Whining Child Who Says “I Can’t”
– A Child Wanting to be The Center of Attention
– A Child Who Gets into Power Struggles
This Course is for YOU!
Children create a tremendous challenge for adults. Effective strategies for today’s adult/child relationships can make parenting a lot more fun. This program will help you how to deal with the stresses in today’s family.
Families can be a source of rejuvenation, fun and encouragement. If this is what you want, this course is for YOU!
More than communication training, this course contains over 100 proven parenting methods for improving behavior while enhancing your child’s self-esteem.
You can have the kind of relationship with your children you have dreamed of, and you can help them develop skills to become loving, motivated, cooperative, and successful adults.
The 5-Week Class
Five weekly classes are held for a total of 10 hours of instruction. This allows adequate time to practice and master the concepts and methods. Weekly goals are set by each participant. Problems and successes are shared in a warm supportive environment.
• Understanding the child’s personality
• Learn to manage stress
• Reducing sibling rivalry and competition
• How to stop fights/ Using action-not-words
• Developing healthy self-concepts
• Promoting cooperation and helpfulness
• Develop an effective parenting style
• Teaching self-motivation and self-management
• Building high self-esteem
• Minimize power struggles
• What to do when a child is hurtful
• Intervention and corrective measures that work
• What to do when a child demands attention
• Improving self-concepts
• Using natural and logical consequences
• How to handle and express feelings
• Punishment and reward vs. “Redirecting”
• “Redirecting” in the family
• Promoting agreement for couples
• Working together as parents
• Keeping a good thing going
• Effective family communication and much more